Monday 4 May 2015

The Cinnamon, Hotel Penaga @ Hutton Lane, Penang

Yours truly celebrated her birthday early of this month together with my sister. Our birthdays are just a day apart from each other so annually, it is a double celebration. Unlike previous years, we used to celebrate it on the day of our birthdays but now that our lifestyle has changed, we celebrate them in advance instead.

My family and I enjoy dining in places least visited or yet to be popularised by foodies. So, we chose The Cinnamon Restaurant and Tanglung Bar at Hotel Penaga at Hutton Lane, Georgetown. The service was top notch and my compliments goes to the Chef as well for serving a thoughtful 5 course meals to us. It was about RM55 per person. Not bad, actually.

Bread and dippings. 

Appetizer of the day as recommended by the Chef

Appetizer of choice - deep fried squid #atas

Nutmeg sorbet before the main course, works like mouth cleansing

Lamb as my main

Sirloin steak for my sister

Japanese curry risotto for my dad. Forgot to take photo of my mom's dinner.

Paddlepop ice cream with fruits! 

It was really quiet at the restaurant with ours being the other two tables that night. But with the pool view just beside the restaurant, it was a pleasant dinner and the music was in tune with the celebratory mood. Thanks for the food that we are blessed with and here's to many more years to come! 

The Cinnamon Restaurant
Hotel Penaga,
Jalan Hutton,
10050 Georgetown, Penang
Tel: 04-261 1891

Website here

No comments:

Post a Comment