Sunday 17 May 2015

Marlons+Co. Cafe @ Raja Uda, Butterworth

It reminded me of Jack & Co. The colour choice, the design - all sleek, rustic and modern (with a container door on one wall). The coffee bar is elevated and encourage patrons to have their drinks at the bar. Not all cafes do that these days. It is encouraging consumers to be aware of how their drinks are made and also to chit chat with the barista at the same time. 

Self-service order and you will be given a number. We ordered yogurt cheese cake and pork chorizo sausage. The cafe is relatively new so everything including the service is "new". So, be patient as great things take time. 

 It did hit some of us hard especially during tough times. Thanks for the thought. 

When I asked the barista what is their signature drink, he said there isn't any as their signature is the coffee beans. Rhapsody. It sounded sophisticated and we bought the idea. My mother ordered their toffee nut rhapsody coffee and just the smell of it, captured my senses immediately. It was unlike those in Starbucks and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, this pungent coffee smell was unlike any other. For a non-cafe drinker, I found the smell really good and packed a punch! 

 My chocolate was not bad either. Rich and strong. I wonder if all these chocolate drinks came from the same vendor like all other cafe I've been. 


Don't ask why a spoon for sausage. The boss, Alan Khor, is a good chap and he came to explain to us (via Instagram too). He was nice and friendly, checking on each table to make sure our experience are alright. Sure enough, my mother went back to the cafe again just a couple of days ago, with my sister this time.  

To Alan, I was just pulling your leg and I hope you get your set of knives already from the supplier! All the best to your business! 

My favourite from Marlons+Co is this yogurt cheesecake! 

A nice location, very near to Coffee Venture and plenty of parking as it is located at the new shop office premises at the top of Jalan Raja Uda. So, don't accelerate the moment you enter this road otherwise you'll make a lot of u-turns. 

Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment