Friday 29 August 2014

Maozcafe, Butterworth

 coffee with caramelised almonds crepe cake

 chicken pie, latte and cappucino. decent coffee art there.. 

hot chocolate with an indescribable art 

Quaint cafes are also popping up in Butterworth following it's other half on the island. So, this cafe is not the first but nonetheless it is the first in its area, Butterworth Business Centre off Jalan Raja Uda. There are both outdoor and indoor sittings in this cafe and I highly recommend you to sit outside. The noise is unbearable inside where the cashier, coffee, cake and pastry counter is. It's like a market. In its Facebook page, this place is also described as a "food and grocery" cafe. Grocery? I didn't get the chance to waltz into the cafe as I had to "jom" a table whilst my mom and brother went in to order. 

Anyway, I am a non-coffee drinker so I usually opt for hot chocolate, juices or teas. The hot chocolate here is not the best as I still think the best one is at Coffee at the Table, Beach Street. Nonetheless, the coffee crepe cake and the chicken pie are good. Ya, I don't take coffee but I eat coffee flavoured cakes. :P 

Price wise, definitely cheaper than those on the island noting that there is coffee art on their hot drinks. If you like to explore quaint cafes around the mainland, do give this place a try. Every place deserves a chance.

To give you an idea where the cafe is, it is located at the Autocity of Raja Uda (at the top of Jalan Raja Uda where it intersects with Jalan Telaga Air and Jalan Siram) where you can find The Library, Aroma Hotel, Yes Yogurt and Shunka Japanese Restaurant.  

Maozcafe 
No.18, Butterworth Business City Centre,
Jalan Raja Uda,
12000 Butterworth, Penang

No comments:

Post a Comment