Saturday 13 June 2015

The Butterfly Cabinet @ Heaton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England

It was the first time I had to queue to get into a cafe in Newcastle. In a quiet and upper part of Heaton Road, who would've guess there is a hidden gem for pancakes and breakfast. I've lived in Heaton before when I did my post-graduate studies at Northumbria University. I think I saw this place before but didn't really put it much into consideration that they sell really good food at a considerably affordable price. I left Heaton in 2008 and since then, I rarely visited that part of Newcastle until April this year. 

I met Wira and his girlfriend for brunch. He was my housemate for 2 years during my post-study work days and it was great to see him again. He suggested the Butterfly Cabinet because both of them loved the pancakes so much. It was fluffy and the drink choices were plenty in particular those infused with Elderflower. They picked up with their taxi from Morrisons Byker and just 5 minutes away, we're there! 

Fortunately, not much queue when we arrived. Just maybe 3 parties were before us.


The interior looks good. 

The extensive menu


My drink. I forgot what it was but there's Elderflower in them. Definitely. Their syrups are not for sale though. Wira was disappointed. 

HUGE ASS PANCAKES PORTIONS FOR ONE PERSON! I could only finished 3 pancakes, bacons and sausages. I left the rest for another friend, Al. 

Al's Salmon's Omelette with salads and potato wedges. AGAIN, IT IS SUPER BIG PORTION. 

Lots of paintings on the wall to look at while waiting for your food or to chill down after the big meal. 

Definitely would come back again for breakfast, brunch or lunch! Suitable for children, too.

Theire webpage link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment