Wednesday 26 November 2014

Route 9, Bishop Street, Penang

Route 9 is not exactly a customer-oriented restaurant in my personal opinion because during my first visit weeks ago, I was turned away because the restaurant was full. There was no opportunity given to wait or at least to leave a phone number for a table. So, it was really an upsetting first impression which the restaurant gave me and I did vow not to dine here even though my family were of the opinion that the food and its price were decent. 

Luckily, I did break the vow and at the suggestion of my colleague, we decided to give Route 9 a shot. Boy, it wasn't that bad after all. Despite the rude encounter aside, the food was good. It wasn't great but with the price and the portion, it was reasonable and tasty. Especially, with an add on RM2 for drinks and dessert; or RM6 for an appetizer, drinks and dessert. We picked the latter. So, for our main, we picked spaghetti. 

The mushroom soup is comparative to Cheers. Unfortunately, Cheers is no longer in business.  

Spaghetti carbonara with ham and garlic bread

We had good ice cream for dessert and the drink was iced peach tea or iced lemon tea.


Route 9 
36,Lebuh Bishop,
10200 Georgetown,Penang.
04-2639899
Opening hours: 11am - 3pm ;6pm - 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment